Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My last day at *H*C*L*

The mail i wrote...

Hi All,

I've been delaying this since too long and still don't know how to write the customary good-bye mail. As you might already know or must have guessed by now, this mail is to inform you that I am leaving *H*C*L* Technologies to pursue a few goals in my life.

It's been 2 years that I joined *H*C*L* as a fresher and I guess it's natural to be nostalgic when I think back about the time gone by. It's been my pleasure to work with 3 different teams and in the process learn from all of you, my seniors and my peers. And I'm grateful to you all for all the learning I gathered by staying and working with you.

I also have to appreciate the patience and goodwill of my colleagues because I feel it often was the case that I made mistakes and blunders and they helped me out. Hence I have realized a lot of strengths and weaknesses in myself after staying here and have also enjoyed a lot of good times, laughter, lunches, tea breaks, chain mails, jokes and what not, the memories of which make it difficult to leave this place.


I love to write mails and can go on and on, but I would just stop here and say that I love to receive mails too. And for any future mails, since this id would no longer be accessible, please use my personal id :
---------

Also, please fill in the attached xl sheet and mail back to me so that I can keep myself updated with your contact details. Also, any feedback, good or bad, is welcome from your side and so I have added a column for that too in the xl sheet, don't forget to fill that up.

Take care and keep writing…

Thanks and regards,

Shwet@ Agr@w@l

[30th May 2007]

Yes, its true... life seems pleasenter in retrospect... I always weighed my options before taking alternate routes to leave this place. Doing something else vis-a-vis staying here... but i seldom realized the emotional and habitual attachment i had developed with it over this time period of 2 years....

The last day spent here makes me remember everything even more fondly.

Did the last minute handing over... Then had lunch... which Aachin insisted on calling the last lunch as if i was going for crucification after that... Then took a lot of time to write the simple mail above. And then took a lot of time figuring out who all i need to send it to... didn't want to miss anyone, so it ended up being a loooong list...

And this bunch of office colleagues, whom i better call friends now... gathered around my cubicle and asked for a treat. But wait, this was different... unlike most requests for treats that i had seen in office, this one was genuine... I thought they would ask for it for five minutes and then disappear...(not my fault... it was habitual... happened all the time...believe me or not) but... demands... talks... laughters... 5 mins... demands again... jokes... bye byes... 10 mins... demands yet again... ha ha... am i shameless or what?!!! 15 mins... they just didn't go... they actually wanted it no matter what... Thats the beauty.... they were friends now, not just colleagues... not the kinds who didn't give a damn whether someone stays or not. And so we had it... not a proper party like the one i had already given to my team mates but a very small and makeshift one.. as small as it could get... very bad on my part, but very sweet on theirs... coz what followed was not just samosas n cold drink n the pastries(makeshift cake) they got for me, but also a lot of chit chat... I describing them in one and only word and they doing the same for me...

Here are some pics....


Since it was already evening and time for office buses to leave... we ended the short n sweet party and i returned to my seat to read and collect the replies i had got... which were unexplainable... would i sound immodest if i say overwhelming?

Well, the day was almost over and i had not done half the things i had to... So, started taking my data and mails backup etc... thought i'd leave at 7... no 7.30... no 8... no... this day wasn't finishing.. or did i not want it to end... finally started leaving... and why! didn't we want pics of the team on my last day... lolz... so there we were, forgetting that it has been a long day and we need to go home... clicking pics yet again in office... hushhhh.... don't tell anyone... cams not allowed inside.
Here you get to see them... my lovely n lively team in what we used to call the 'M*S*N lounge'



The K3G retake and the right one with my two sons... i was supposedly their office mom...








Then took some in the conference room... where we had looooong meetings and con calls...
this one is turning out to be my favorite...


And this one with Upasana's calligraphy...

Would end this here, i know its abrupt... and late too, like most posts in my web log. This post was meant to be posted in the beginning of last month... However, today seems to be a good day to post it, coz even though it was what seems ages back that i last went to office, it is today that i am expecting i would be finally relieved from the company... how and why that happened is another long and bugging story...

[Ha ha ha... wondering about the gaps??? I couldn't place all the pics since i don't have a lappie as of now... would do so when possible]

2 comments:

partha said...

finding your blog wasn't very difficult, your unique gmail id did the job.

can't actually comment on this one and haven't actually gone through the rest of it but the previous post regarding "programmed feet" did present an interesting idea.

the only thing that struck was that the long break between the current and the previous post.

Schaan said...

Thanks....
Was writing a goodbye mail myself and found it exceeding hard in deciding what to write. Yours post was a good
reference to have :)