Sunday, June 04, 2006

An year since college...

4th June, 2005, The day we last went to college - as students. Its hard to believe its been an year since then, and harder to believe that even our juniors are passing out now. The memories are still fresh, and i could just get up one day, getting ready for college, trying to make it by 9 a.m., but never failing to fail to reach on time. How things change in an year, from classroom to office... from books to files... from jeans to formals... from pocket money to salaries... yes, but the 'memory remains'. It was difficult coming out of that routine of carelessness, fun n friends, not to forget the ever-present around the corner, exam days. I remember once, about 1 month after college, Tanu came to meet me one morning, after a lot of days, and i just couldn't stop the tears from coming... it was nothing else, just that seeing her, i missed it all too much, and everything came back to me in a flash. But i think the important thing in the end is not what you had to leave behind, but what you had, and that you had it at all, that you have days to look back to and smile. Baatein bhool jaati hain, yaadein yaad aati hain... Few pics, remembering the sweet old days...















Each person is extraordinary once we get to know them closely, as *Shantu says 'Every human heartbeat is a universe of possibilities' and it was my pleasure to stay among some really dynamic people, learning from good and bad experiences, gaining and giving. Every one of us made the journey towards our goals a little more beautiful than it would otherwise have been.

**Shantu is what I like to call Gregory David Roberts, author of Shantaram.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss those days too.
I remember the last few days I spent in college. I was limping away to glory. The last few moments could have been better for me, had it not been for my broken foot. But I cant complain about the things I got from those 4 yearss. It was a wonderful time. And, Mr Shantu is so right- The journey was indeed beautiful, and each one of my friends contributed in some respect.
I miss those days...

Shweta said...

Arreee... Shantu wrote just that one line in single quotes... rest i wrote myself. And yes, you did leave the college limping, and i had entered it limping :))

makuchaku said...

A job changes everything in life!
From how you get up in the morning... to how you sleep... & everything inbetween!

I wish i could relive those 4 years!

:)
maku
http://makuchaku.info

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rocky said...

Good , I am still in college and One more Year to go , which i am sure i will not waste in studying ;)

makuchaku said...

new posts... :(

justrohin said...

shweta long time no post?? kahan ho?